Saturday, June 10, 2006

Will I be the mother of an Olympian someday?



I often wonder this. REALLY! My daughter LOVES to swim. She is really good at it too! Swimming will take over my life until July 22. Today was a truly special day and could possibly be a turning point in Miss Mad's swimming career. She had the pleasure and joy of attending a swim clinic with Josh Davis, a four time Olympian and captain of the USA Men's Olympic Swim Team. This is TRULY a class act. This guy was very motivational for the kids and he had a great message for parents to hear too. So many times we get wrapped up in "helping" our child improve as soon as they finish a race and we forget to say, "I am so proud of you!" I don't usually forget this, but I'm quilty of being quick to point out what she did wrong or how she could've improved that swim. Funny thing is . . . do you see my butt out there racing my heart out? Nope. No way no how. So today, I've made a decision to only tell my daughter how incredibly proud I am of her when she comes out of the water. No more constructive criticism. By the way, he really is THAT good looking!

1 comment:

christina said...

WOW THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME, I AM SO PROUD OF YOUR DAUGHTER TOO. and dang he is good looking LOL.