Friday, April 28, 2006

HAIKU


poppyinklocontest406
Originally uploaded by deesouza.
This really stretched me out of my comfort zone. Main reason being that I typically like to write a novel on my scrapbook pages. But this was for a contest at Poppy Ink. The challenge was to journal using an original HAIKU. I haven't written a Haiku since college and before that, 3rd grade! It was fun. I messed up the original ledger paper that was sent with my Poppy Ink kit, so I went all over town looking for something that would work. I now own a MEGA HUGE PAD of financial journal pages. Funny thing . . . as I convert my grandmother to Quickbooks, I will now have a whole new love affair with her journal pages when I can get my hands on them. She has the most amazing writing, it will be fun to use them and cherish them within my scrapbook pages. When she's gone, I'll be able to have a piece of her with me all the time. OK, I'm like totally getting mushy here and tearing up so back to the regularly programed schedule of my FABULOUS LO! Oh, and there is an ant crawling across my computer screen right now. HUH?

Journaling Reads:

Curious bright KOI
Your mouths chasing his little hand
Like birds in spring time.

PRODUCTS USED:
PP - SEI & office supply ledger paper
CS - Bazzill
FLOWERS - Mermaid Tears
SEQUINS - vintage
CHIPBOARD - KI & Scenic Route
TAG - Avery
RIBBON - May Arts

1 comment:

christina said...

i loved this LO when you posted it on scrapbooking swede. its beautiful and you did great on the haiku :)