Monday, April 03, 2006

cross 001


cross 001
Originally uploaded by deesouza.
I'm so glad to have this done. It's not because it was a "hard" project, but it is one I know is going to be displayed for many people to see for a very long time. Our church is undergoing a remodel and when they took the paneling off the wall, they salvaged it and cut it into crosses for people to decorate (in our world it's called altering). I'm not worried that it will be judged . . . I've accepted that fact. I'm just a very sentimental person and wanted it to toally reflect my family. So back to the judgement comment. Isn't it funny how I can stress about being judged by a cross I alter. It's really ironic because we judge Jesus every day. We judge his direction he has for our lives. We judge Christians by their commitment to their faith. We judge, we judge, we judge. And here I know this will be judged. I love the strength I've received from God to not worry about what others think about me and live the way people think I should live, but how I choose to live my life and follow God's plan. By the way . . . my artwork will be on display in the foyer of Tulare Community Church until they decide to remodel our church again. :)

1 comment:

lisa said...

What a great idea! I love this. And love the "Heidi". You have a great attitude about the whole "judging" thing...can't escape it I guess!